Uyen Minh Le, PhD
Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
Chair and Associate Professor, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
Phone: (916) 686-8552
Dr. Le is the chair and associate professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences at California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP). Prior to joining CNUCOP, she was an associate professor at Sullivan University College of Pharmacy (SUCOP). She obtained her Ph.D. from Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, major in pharmaceutical sciences and minor in statistics. She got her B.S. in Pharmacy and M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, both from Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
Dr. Le has taught different courses of physical pharmacy, drug delivery, pharmaceutics, biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmaceutical compounding. Under her coaching, SUCOP team won the champion title at the 2016 National Student Pharmacist Compounding Competition.
She has served as the co-chair of the assessment committee in the AACP Laboratory Instructors Special Interest Group in 2017-2018. She was also the advisor to the AAPS student chapter and served as member of committees such as graduate, accreditation, admission, curriculum, co-curriculum, planning and assessment, promotion, and faculty development.
She has served in different AACP committees, such as Laboratory Instructors Special Interest Group, Pharmaceutics, Curriculum, etc. She was also the advisor to the AAPS student chapter and served as member of various college committees such as graduate, accreditation, admission, curriculum, co-curriculum, assessment, promotion, and faculty development.
- Drug delivery/Drug target using nanotechnology
- PK/PD modeling and simulation
- Assessment of learning and teaching in pharmacy education
- K Daugherty, M Rudolph, J Gortney, A Brownfield, D Caldwell, A Castleberry, U Le, M Medina, J Sease, J Trujillo, A Welch. Student Preceptions of the Utility of the Pharmacy Curriculum Outcomes Assessment. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2020 March; 12(3):247-356
- U Le, S Baltzley, A AlGananeem. Gabapentin in elastic liposome: preparation, characterization, drug release, and penetration through porcine skin. In J Pharm Compd. 2018 Nov-Dec; 22(6):498-503.
- U Le, A Hartman, G Pillai. Enhanced cytotoxicity of EGFR-targeted liposome-encapsulated curcumin for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. J Drug Target. 2018 Sep; 26(8):676-683
- U Le, Y Pathak, HT Tran. Methods for polymeric nanoparticle conjugation to monoclonal antibody. Antibody Mediated Drug Delivery Systems: Concepts, Technology, and Applications. John Wiley & Sons. 2012; 1: 351-364.
- U Le, Y Pathak. Nutraceuticals: Advancing in a right direction. Handbook of Nutraceuticals. CRC Press. 2011; 2:1-14.
- U Le, HT Tran, Y Pathak. Nanoparticles in transdermal drug delivery. Advances in Nanotechnology & Application. Centera. 2009; 1: 146-155.
- U Le, DG Kaurin, BR Sloat, ZR Cui. Localized irradiation of tumors prior to synthetic dsRNA therapy enhanced the resultant anti-tumor activity. Radiother Oncol. 2009 Feb; 90(2):273-9.
- U Le, DS Shaker, BR Sloat, ZR Cui. Thermo-sensitive polymeric gel containing a gadolinium (Gd) compound encapsulated into liposomes significantly extended the retention of the Gd in tumors. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 2008; 34(4):413-8.
- U Le, N Yanasarn, CV Loehr, KA Fischer, ZR Cui. Tumor chemo-immunotherapy using gemcitabine and a synthetic dsRNA. Cancer Biology & Therapy, 2008; 7(3):440-7.
- U Le, ZR Cui. Biodistribution of Gadolinium (Gd) encapsulated in long-circulating liposomes in tumor-bearing mice: effects of tumor type, dosing schedule, and tumor size on the uptake of Gd by tumors. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 320(1-2):96-103, 2006.
- U Le, ZR Cui. Long-circulating gadolinium-encapsulated liposomes for potential application in tumor neutron capture therapy. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 312(1-2):105-12, 2006.
Accomplishments and Awards
- CNU ITLE’s 2021 Health Education Grant Award (HEGA)
- CNU ITLE’s 2019 Health Education Grant Award (HEGA)
- VP Academic Affairs’ Award for Excellence in Educational Outcome. CNU Institute of Teaching & Learning Excellence, 2019
- K-12 Outreach Award to the SUCOP AAPS chapter, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- The Champion, National Student Pharmacist Compounding Competition (SPCC), Medisca & USC, California (20 teams participated), 2016
- Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine (NBM), 2015 – 2016