Dr. Welly Mente, faculty and hub coordinator in the Bay area, has received the prestigious Fellow status from the California Society of Health System Pharmacists (CSHP).
The CSHP Practitioner Recognition Program formally recognizes pharmacists that demonstrate an ongoing level of involvement and commitment to educating practitioners, residents, students, administrators and/or the public in the pharmacy practice, by the criteria shown here.
• Have active participation in CSHP activities at the regional or state level for at least three (3) years (do not have to be consecutive years).
• Be able to demonstrate at least five (5) years of excellence in pharmacy practice following the completion of postgraduate training, OR, at least seven (7) years of excellence in pharmacy practice following pharmacy licensure, that exemplifies CSHP’s belief that pharmacy is a clinical profession whose main purpose is to serve patients and the public through the promotion of wellness and the best use of medications.
• Demonstrate an ongoing level of involvement in and commitment to educating practitioners, residents, students, administrators, and/or the public through, for example, preceptorship, presentation of formal continuing education programs, or presentations to the lay public.
• Make sustained contributions to the total body of pharmacy knowledge through poster presentations and/or widely distributed publications.
• Be highly regarded by students, peers, other health care practitioners, and/or members of the public as a role model practitioner.